The AIHM Business Plan Competition prepares students to start a new business by developing a thorough Hospitality business plan for a new product or service. Participants can propose any business venture that has a link to the hospitality industry such as a hotel, youth hostel, events, Food and Beverage, pop-up restaurants, coffee shop or tourism, etc.
A business plan is a major step towards starting a new venture, as it allows entrepreneurs to analyse how their company will operate and brings together many areas of the business environment.
By participating in the competition, students will gain experience through:
- Identifying Hospitality business opportunities, developing a business model and writing a formal business plan which they will present to a panel
- Performing market research and feasibility analysis using primary and/or secondary data
- Developing communication and organisational skills
Eligibility for the competition
- Current students at a high school in Thailand
- Teams of 3-4 students in their final three years of high school in Thailand
- Students need to show their student cards to be eligible
Elevator Pitch Specifics
The business venture should be original, appropriate, and currently not in existence (new). Present your business plan in short video format, including the following:
- An overview of your business concept
- Your value proposition
- The target market
- Key activities and offerings
The video recording should be no more than four minutes. You can use PowerPoint, Prezi, animation, voice overs, etc. As long as you are persuasive, you can be as creative as you like.
The file should be submitted in MP4 format under 100MB by 1 March 2024.
The Elevator Pitch presentation materials need to include:
- A title page, specifying the name of the business,
- The team members' names,
- The name of the school.
Avani+ Riverside Bangkok Hotel
9th Floor, 257 Charoennakorn Road, Samrae, Thonburi
Bangkok 10600, Thailand
Tel: +66 2 365 6355
Royal Garden Plaza
3rd Floor, 218 Moo 10, Beach Road, Nong Prue, Bang Lamung
Chonburi 20260, Thailand